$MRNA

MRNA is too expensive now; a dip to 210 could be a buy, but a break below 210 risks a deeper decline, and a break of the key higher low could send it back to 50. The uptrend is intact, holding a rising anchor and upward-sloping 20-day MA; high volatility raises pullback risk, not yet evidenced.

He framed it in weeks
“Brian Shannon on TraderTV Live 10/20/26”
Brian ShannonPublished Oct 20 · 7 passages

Jump to any passage

7 passages
3:195:02

One of our loyal viewers, Arun Warrior in the chat , would like to know a bit more about Moderna . We love the story of Moderna, don't we? mRNA. I mean, um, what a tremendous rise with Cancer, together with Merck, and now a bit...

I do n't know. We will just have to see what that means for the future. But the stock really responded to the peak.

Are these names you ever wanted to invest in? Um, are we way too high here? I know these are all rhetorical questions, to be honest, but it seems the market is getting very excited and investors with a long position are wondering: what should we do with this position now?

Shall we wait until it drops again? Or should we buy more? Um, is it... I mean, it seems way too highly rated to me. You could probably add a whole lot of figures to prove that, because we still haven't had an earnings presentation since their last discovery. But what do you think of a stock like Moderna?

For me, it is a bit too expensive right now. Probably the drop to 190, and I think you already asked this a few times last week. But it is a topic that always comes up in our show. So what do you think of Moderna now?

I would say: a gap up, a bit of consolidation, another gap. We are consolidating a bit now, and it even looks like it might gape higher. I would say: buy on a dip of 210. Are we perhaps close to a DCA strategy from that point? And then get back into Moderna?

Um, take a look at this chart, Sean, you can see that their next earnings presentation is on November 6th. So we don't have to worry about that for the time being. But you know, we already talked about this last week .

And I think we had identified this as the most important higher bottom to gauge risk, in the sense that if that bottom is broken, the price might fall back to 50.

But the price has continued to rise and is holding on nicely to that rising anchor line. On a closing basis, the price consistently closes above. There is also a red 20- day moving average line that slopes upwards underneath it.

So I think you could place a partial stop-loss below this low here . We had a fairly strong correction last Friday, and that was perhaps Thursday or Friday. In any case , we have recovered very well from it .

So, in my opinion, a breakthrough below 210 could be a problem that could lead to a somewhat deeper decline .

The market is quite overheated here. We have just seen this movement from 130 to 2240. That is a huge percentage movement in a short period. So far, we have seen a correction over time , which is great.

But now we are starting to see greater volatility here. That makes me think that this high volatility carries the risk that we might be heading for a deeper pullback. There is no evidence for that yet.

That is why I would say: measure it against the level of 210.

What this channel has said about $MRNA

Brian Shannon has 6 calls on this stock; only the adjacent ones are shown.

TickerSays